The QSC KS118 active subwoofer delivers impressive low frequencies for mobile entertainment, AV rental, event production, clubs and performance venues. Its onboard 3,600W Class D amplifier drives an 18” direct-radiating woofer for potent bass reproduction. The KS118 active subwoofer is ideal for both mobile and installed applications. It’s the perfect complement to QSC’s K.2 and CP Series active loudspeakers. This active subwoofer will take your PA live sound system to new lows — low frequencies, that is. Whether you’re looking for the best active subwoofer for a live band or you want to install a nightclub sound system, the KS118 delivers deep bass in spades. Plug it in and prepare to change the way you think about portable PA systems.
Rugged wooden cabinet packed with 3,600 watts
With an incredible 3,600W peak output at its disposal, the QSC KS118 cranks out 1,600W more than its predecessor, the KW181. QSC engineers managed to pack almost twice the power of the KW181 into the same footprint with the KS118 and keep the weight nearly the same. That makes the QSC KS118 surprisingly easy to move and transport. It’s fitted with smooth-rolling, low-noise casters that let you roll it effortlessly. Despite its modern, professional look, this robust birch enclosure is designed for life on the road. A powder-coated steel grill protects the driver from damage. The wooden cabinet’s textured exterior resists scratches, scrapes and dings. The tight fit and finish of the KS118 is exactly what you’d expect from QSC. The moment you touch this subwoofer, you know it’s made to last. The moment you hear it, you’ll know it’s the last sub you’ll ever need.
Advanced digital signal processing
The raw horsepower from its onboard amp is only part of the KS118 sub’s arsenal. As with a race car, power is useless without control. It must be tamed, tuned and finessed to get impressive results. That’s why the KS118 features advanced digital sound processing (DSP). The KS118’s high-tech DSP optimizes system performance. It also enables advanced capabilities and protects the sub’s components. This keeps the KS118 running at peak efficiency. The result is flawless, tight bass, even when you’re pushing it to its limits. Pair two KS118 subs together to take advantage of Cardioid mode in the DSP settings. This helps you keep bass in its place, not overpowering performers on stage. Other settings include delay, crossover and scenes that can be saved/recalled for commonly-used applications. An ultra-quiet internal fan keeps things running cool under heavy use.
Deep bass and high SPL
There’s no denying that a live sound PA system with tight, deep bass can really get the dance floor going. If you’re a mobile DJ, this is especially important. Wedding DJs and nightclub DJs rely on dedicated subwoofers, particularly when the audience and venue is large. Modern active loudspeakers, such as the QSC K.2 Series, have impressive bass response on their own. But the only way to accurately reproduce the ultra-deep frequencies in modern dance, pop and rock music properly is to deploy a separate subwoofer. The QSC KS118 delivers low-end reproduction down to 35 Hz, so your audience will get the bass they crave. With a maximum SPL of 136 dB, dance music fans will feel the music, not just hear it. The selectable DEEP mode routes more of the amp’s power to the lower end of the sub’s frequency range. Think of it as a turbo boost for the ultra-low frequencies. Just make sure you’re ready for it, because the difference is like night and day.
Ideal for mobile DJs, live bands and venue installations
Very high output with impressive low frequency performance
3600 Watt Class D amplifier module
18 inch (460 mm) long excursion direct radiating driver
Omni-directional or cardioid radiation modes (cardioid setup requires min. 2 units)
Selectable DEEP™ mode for extremely low frequency extension
Adjustable crossover and delay
Scenes for commonly-used applications that can be saved/recalled
Refined, professional and elegant appearance in any application
Rugged painted wood enclosure for lasting durability
Vertical or horizontal deployment (M20 threaded pole receiver for vertical setup)
Four low-noise, heavy-duty casters
Optional transport cover, KS-LOC security cover and 35 mm loudspeaker pole accessories available
6-Year Warranty with product registration
* Configuration - Direct Radiating
* LF Transducer 18-inch (460 mm), Cone
* Frequency Response (-6 dB) 41 Hz - 98 Hz
* Frequency Range (-10 dB) 35 Hz - 111 Hz
* Nominal Coverage Angle Omni-directional or cardioid radiation modes (cardioid setup requires min. 2 units)
* Maximum Rated SPL1 136 dB @ 1 m (peak)
* Amplifier Class D
* 3600W (peak)
* Cooling Low-noise, variable speed fan
* Controls Power On/Off
* Gain Control
* Rotary encoder
* 2 x selection buttons
* Indicators 2 x Power LED (front and rear)
* Input Signal LED
* Limiter active LED
* Connectors 2 x locking XLR/F ¼ inch combo
* 2 x XLR/M (Loop-thru Output)
* 1 x locking IEC power connector
* AC Power Input Universal power supply 100 – 240 VAC, 50 – 60 Hz
* AC Power Consumption (⅛ power) 100 VAC, 3.6 A / 120 VAC, 3.0 A / 240 VAC, 1.7 A
* Enclosure 18 mm birch plywood
* Color Black (RAL 9011)
* Grille 16-gauge Black Powder Coated Steel
* Dimensions (HWD) inches 25.2" × 20.5" × 30.9"
* Dimensions (HWD) mm 640 mm x 520 mm x 785 mm
* Net Weight (including casters) 47 kg (104 lbs)
* Shipping Weight 56.5 kg (124.5 lbs)
* Regulatory CE, WEEE, UL, China RoHS, RoHS II, FCC Class B
* Included Accessories 4 x Low-Noise, Heavy Duty Casters
* Optional Accessories KS118-CVR Transport Cover, KS-LOC Lock-Out Cover
* SP-26 and SP-36 Loudspeaker Poles, SP-16X Extension Pole
* 1 Peak SPL is measured on-axis at 1m, pink noise crest factor 10dB, unweighted Continuous SPL is based on theoretical calculations based upon transducer sensitivity and peak available power (for comparison purpose and in accordance with common industry practice.
With product registration. Visit QSC.com for full details
All specifications are subject to change without notice.