The Shure GLXD16 is a wireless pedal system for guitars and bass that comes with a GLXD6 guitar pedal receiver, GLXD1 bodypack transmitter, and WA305 premium locking-thread guitar cable.
(1) GLXD1 Wireless Bodypack Transmitter
(1) GLXD6 Wireless Guitar Pedal Receiver
(1) WA305 Premium Locking-thread Guitar Cable
(1) SB902 Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery
(1) PS23US Power Supply
(1) SBC-USB-MicroB Wall Battery Charger
Available GLX-D accessories:
• SB902 Replacement Lithium-ion Battery for GLX-D Handheld & Bodypack Transmiters (GLXD1 & GLXD2)
• SBC-USB-MicroB USB Wall Charger for GLXD1 & GLXD2 (USB cable and charger)
• SBC-CAR Car Charger for GLXD1 & GLXD2
• SBC-902 Battery Dock Charger (accomodates SB902 battery)
At a glance:
• Shure GLX-D is a digital wireless microphone solution that operates in the 2.4GHz frequency band
• Exceptional Digital Audio Clarity and Seamless Operation
• Global, license-free operation
• LINKFREQ Automatic Frequency Management scans for best frequencies and reserves backup frequencies immediately in case of interference
• Up to 8 compatible systems can be used together
• Rechargeable Lithium-ion batteries with multiple charging methods & accessories
• Bi-directional communication - Transmitters and Receivers talk back and forth
• GLX-D is extremely easy to use, making it simple for both the advanced or novice wireless user
What are the difference between GLX-D vs. PGX-D?
PGX-D was Shure's first digital wireless system. Compared to GLX-D, PGX-D might look a bit old fashioned but it is a still an available, slightly less expensive option. PGX-D operates in the 900 MHz frequency band, and although PGX-D has scanning functionality, the systems do not have the same ability as GLX-D does at reserving backup frequencies to combat interference.
What are the difference between GLX-D vs. ULX-D?
GLX-D is still what Shure would consider their entry-level digital wireless series. But don't let that fool you, GLX-D is loaded with impressive features. The biggest differences between GLX-D and ULX-D is the number of channels and overall system configurations. GLX-D allows up to 8 compatible channels vs. 60 channels with ULX-D. ULX-D allows for interchangeable microphone capsules, single, dual and quad receiver varieties which are rack mountable, as well as networking capability solutions including distribution, external antennas, and Shure Wireless Workbench software. So if you're looking for a solution for a theatre, church, concert, etc and you need dozens of channels, ULX-D is your solution. If you're in need of 8 or less wireless mics with rock solid performance and reliability, GLX-D fits the bill!
Shure GLX-D combines the revolutionary technology of LINKFREQ Automatic Frequency Management with best-in-class intelligent lithium-ion battery rechargeability, world-renowned microphones, and unparalleled construction. The GLX-D Wireless Systems—designed for singers, musicians, presenters, and more—define the newest standard for seamless ease of operation and exceptional digital audio clarity. GLX-D analyzes the RF spectrum, determines the best available frequencies, and automatically deploys frequencies to the transmitter and receiver. Additionally, in the presence of RF interference, the GLX-D receiver and transmitter will seamlessly move together to clean frequencies with no audio signal interruption.
GLX-D Digital Wireless Systems come in a wide offering of traditional bodypack and handheld configurations, including vocal, headset, and presenter systems, as well as a new pedal-mounted guitar option. Ideal for guitarists and exclusive to GLX-D, the Guitar Pedal Receiver features an integrated tuner, easily integrates into any pedal board, and offers tank-like durability.
Featuring a new standard in rechargeability, each GLX-D transmitter is powered by a custom intelligent lithium-ion battery for up to 16 hours of continuous use at full charge. The intelligent lithium-ion battery is good for up to 10,000 hours of use, or the equivalent of up to 2500 AA batteries, providing significant incremental cost savings over time. The battery can be quickly charged in 15 minutes for up to 1.5 hours of use, through a wide variety of power options, including USB connections. Additionally, the standard GLXD4 receiver features a detailed LCD showcasing the battery life status by hours and minutes.
“GLX-D delivers stunning digital audio clarity with virtually no cost of ownership,” said Erik Vaveris, Category Director for Wireless Products at Shure. “When you buy GLX-D, you never have to buy batteries again. The intelligent rechargeable battery technology in GLX-D is the same used in Shure’s flagship Axient wireless. It has proven its reliability on the biggest broadcasts and tours in the world.”
Key Transmitter Options and Features:
GLXD1 Bodypack Transmitter: • Sophisticated design with rugged metal construction
• Tactile on and off switch
• Locking TQG connection for use with Shure lavalier, headset, earset, and instrument microphones and guitar cables
• Reversible belt clip
• Includes one SB902 lithium-ion battery
GLXD2 Handheld Transmitter: • Integrated microphone capsule design, featuring legendary SM58®, SM86, Beta 58A, and Beta 87A options
• Sophisticated design with durable, lightweight construction
• Includes one SB902 lithium-ion battery Key Receiver Options and Features:
GLXD4 Single Channel Receiver: • Hi-resolution LCD screen status
• Real-time battery run-time displayed in hours and minutes (accurate within 15 minutes)
• Remote adjustable transmitter gain control
• Integrated battery charge port for proprietary Shure lithium-ion transmitter batteries, two-color charge indicator LED
• Up to eight compatible systems (environment dependent)
• XLR and ¼” output connectors
• Lightweight, durable construction
GLXD6 Single Channel Receiver (Guitar Pedal): • Guitar pedal form factor for easy mounting and powering from pedal boards
• Rugged metal chassis design
• Built-in chromatic instrument tuner with strobe and needle tuning views
• Adjustable reference pitch (432-447Hz)
• Foot switch to shift between wireless display and tuner mode with option to mute or pass signal while tuning
• Up to eight compatible systems (environment dependent)
• Highly visible LED display
• ¼” output connector
GLX-D system configurations vary globally
Send To Friend
Your Name :
Friend's Name :
Your Email :
Friend's Email :
Purchase with Confidence
Price Matching Seen the same gear somewhere else for less? Let us know! Manufacturers love us, and have extended fantastic prices to us. We feel we are the perfect balance in the industry of low price and outstanding service.
Refund or Exchange
We want you to be happy with your purchase. Bottomline? We’ll handle any return the way we’d want it handled if we were in your shoes. Not satisfied with your product? Ship it back to us within 30 days. See Returns for details.
We are an Authorized dealer for every single item we sell. In this business, that matters! We encourage you to learn what that means before you buy DJ gear from anybody. Beware of unauthorized dealers. Do you get an unbelievable price? Probably. Get a warranty? Probably not. Worth it? Never.